compressed air

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So i bought a can of compressed air because the people on this forums say that the vacuum creates static, and its bad for the system.
But when i use it, i barely works, i do small spurts, and sometimes for like 2-3 sec. The dust dont really move, and when they do move, they move all around my case.
I do small spurts because i dont want the compressed air to get cold and becomes frozen and might damage my hardware.
So is there like a video or guide that teaches me how to use a compressed air can?
or if someone can tell me in detail
Thanks in advance

This is what I do:
I shut down my computer.
Ground myself (at all times) to the case and use my Vacuum.
Be careful around components as you can smoke them. Use plastic hose parts.
Be careful.

Unless it's a specialty vacuum DO NOT use it with a computer. The cold won't do your computer harm, just make sure you do not tip the can upside down.

If the dust doesn't move, then it's pretty caked on and you'll just need to use more. to keep the blow-around to a minimum start at the top of your case and work your way down. No matter what method you use to clean the computer, you will always have the blow-back.

If you have an air compressor you can use that too. Just make sure to drain the water from the compressed air if avaliable.

Unless it's a specialty vacuum DO NOT use it with a computer.

why not? I've cleaned my pc with a normal vacuum cleaner for years. Most of the times I do it my pc is on. Never had single problem.

It might not be recommended but I certainly have never seen anything bad happen.

why not? I've cleaned my pc with a normal vacuum cleaner for years. Most of the times I do it my pc is on. Never had single problem.

It might not be recommended but I certainly have never seen anything bad happen.

Because with the air, and other particles being sucked up, there is a good possibility for a static charge to build. It's kinda like rubbing your hair on a balloon where after enough rubbing you can shock your friend. If enough of a charge builds, it will go from vacuum to computer. Count yourself lucky this hasn't happened to you.

Back
Top Bottom