Completely At a Loss!

Zenai

Beta member
ok here's the deal I have a problem that has simply stumped and frustrated me to no end. I have a wireless USB Mouse (Logitech MX 600 Laser) it does not work on my usb port although I can get my camera to do so, however, I have been able to get it to work with a USB to PS2 adapter (this is the smaller point though). Now here is the deal that has made me take a stronger and more indepth look at this situation. I have recently purchased the Logitech G15 Gaming keyboard (awesome keyboard) the only problem is that I cannot get it to work on my computer for some reason(I tried it out on my roomies computer and it worked fine no problems, I also tried out another USB to PS2 adapter to no avail). Now I know I am not a programmer but I am also no slouch when it comes to computers(most ppl I know come to me with their computer problems).....in my attempts to fix this problem I went to the bare basics I checked the ports to make sure they were not dirty(they were clean), used my Logitech quickcam to check each USB port to make sure they worked(they do), I updated the Bios, the drivers for both the product, my Mobo and Windows, been to mutiple self help forums and nothing so far has helped. I load everything just as it is shown in the pamplet that came with the keyboard(it doesnt work) and afterwards I get this....the comp tries to load it and cannot therefore the hardware wizard pops up and I have attempted to go through that and when it tries it starts and stops with the error message "Data is Invalid". :confused: Now I know that everything is updated and works so why does it not work? If there is something that anyone out there knows that I do not that can help me with this situation it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Windows XP Home SP2
DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR
AMD Athlon 3800+ Socket 939
1024MB(512 x 2) PC 3200 400MHz
128 MB PNY Verto FX5500(still working on this.....lol)
AC97 onboard sound(still working on this....lol)
WD 80GIG 7200 RPM 8MB Cache and Seagate 250GIG 7200 RPM 8MB Cache
LITE-ON DVD-RW/CD-RW and DVD-ROM/CD-RW (I do not remember the exact info on these)
Aspire Beast 680 Watt PSU

Have you emailed Logitech? Everything seems to work, except your Logitech hardware.

Are you using a mobo supported USB port? Or are you plugging these into a USB PCI card? Sometimes PCI USB's can be tricky, or just not fuction correctly. I've had to replace a USB card in my daughter's computer that was acting similar to your problem.

Try other USB's if you have any that are not PCI's

Good Luck - Brock Kane

Gawwddd..have you ever heard of paragraphs?

Have you installed the USB drivers on the computer, and, do you have another mouse in which you can try out?

Brock Kane : Yes I have even spoken with a representative from Logitech. No PCI USB's I am using mobo supported USB

joxley1990 : I apologize for the sloppy format but I have been working on this problem for 2 days now...so I am tired and frustrated....lol As Far as the USB drivers yes I have installed them.

Thank you both for posting :)

Back
Top Bottom