Complete Build Guide

Are we to the point now where we can finally stop saying 16GB is overkill. That's the first comment out of anyone's mouth around here when a build with 16GB is posted. We all know it's overkill, we can stop saying it. Plus if we are talking about high-end builds, aren't they all about overkill anyway?

Thanks a lot Jmacavali. It seems like every time someone puts together a build with like 2 way SLI titan blacks, a 4960X and then 16gb of RAM people are like "You have to much RAM." Then I'm thinking WHAT?

The last three posts are very valid points. Especially as 16GB isn't a huge cost jump from 8GB.

If I had one of the systems that are being build at the moment I'd do it just because why not?

In a system like mine that is 2 gens old and wasn't top of the range when it was new, yes overkill. But like Craig said once you get 2 titans who cares.

Mossiac

The last three posts are very valid points. Especially as 16GB isn't a huge cost jump from 8GB.

If I had one of the systems that are being build at the moment I'd do it just because why not?

In a system like mine that is 2 gens old and wasn't top of the range when it was new, yes overkill. But like Craig said once you get 2 titans who cares.

Mossiac
16 gb is almost double the cost of 8gb

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Not really an issue when you can afford a build like some of the examples already mentioned

Mossiac

Back
Top Bottom