Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
Solid State Member

Default Re: Compatibility Please Help

Alright thanks for all the help, I'm gonna be getting it really soon , so this is the last question: as soon as I get this I'm gonna start saving up for a second 680 (don't have enough to get dual when I first get it) so I'm wondering should I get a second Newegg.com - MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 4GD5/OC GeForce GTX 680 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card or should I get a 690? if the 690 then what model?

ScopeTacticz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:24 AM   #22
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Compatibility Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis View Post
Currently my video card is included in my asus mother board. If i get a video card would I than be able to use both to support More screens?
No. if you put in a video card the onboard will be deactivated. unless you have a Z68 or Z77 chipset, but still you can't make those 2 GPU's work together with multiple screens (you can however switch screens on the fly).
you need to get a video card that can handle the amount of screens you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeTacticz View Post
Alright thanks for all the help, I'm gonna be getting it really soon , so this is the last question: as soon as I get this I'm gonna start saving up for a second 680 (don't have enough to get dual when I first get it) so I'm wondering should I get a second Newegg.com - MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 4GD5/OC GeForce GTX 680 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card or should I get a 690? if the 690 then what model?
personally i like to not spend too much money and then go SLI down the road when i need more horse power.
adding an extra card is cheaper than replace an already fine card with a new up to date one.
i whould go for a GTX 670 because it's within a good price range and have the performance i need.
you can quickly use much more money then you need to spend. i am still using a GTX 570.
if you think you need the extra performance a 680 and 690 can give then i will say go for it. i can't deside for you what card to buy.
it depends on what you are willing to spend.
i will however say that if you allready are planing on getting an extra 680 as soon you can afford it, you sould wait and get a 690.
it's better to have 1 card then having 2 if ther performance simular (680 SLI is a little faster). also the 690 is cheaper then 2x 680.
i really like the MSI TWIN Frozer. great coolers. that would be a good version of the 680.

BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, compatability, components, computer, parts