Compatibility Of Graphics Card & Motherboard...

app

Beta member
INTRODUCTION
I have suddenly come across something strange(atleast,according to me), about the compatibility of my motherboard and graphics card.
BASIC SYSTEM INFORMATION
CPU- Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
RAM- 1GB
Hard Disk- 40GB
Operating System- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 22600)
Video Card- NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS (GeForce 7100 GS) driver version: 6.14.11.7516
Sound Card- SigmaTel Audio
Motherboard- Mercury PI945GCM
INFORMATION FROM OFFICIAL SITES
Motherboard- http://www.mercury-pc.com/p-mainboards.php –
Mercury PI945GCM
Windows Vista ready
The latest generation Microsoft O.S., delivers better personal productivity and digital entertainment on your PC through its improved reliability, security, and performance.
FSB 1066 Mhz
Supports the latest 1066MHz front side bus Intel Pentium 4 CPU
64bit support
Allows platforms to access more memory and larger files. Large memory intensive applications, such as audio and video encoding, complex engineering programs and games, can see dramatic performance increases.
PCI Express
Delivers up to a 4x increase in graphics and 2x I/O bandwidth for smooth multimedia performance.
Intel GMA 950
An intelligent and responsive graphics engine built into the chipset that is on the motherboard. This integration provides incredible visual quality, faster graphics performance and flexible display options without the need for a separate graphics card.
Serial-ATA II
SATA II ports by ICH7
- Supports four SATA II device
- Supports storage and data transfers at up to 3.0 Gb/s
INFORMATION FROM CASE
Graphics Card - System Requirements
Pentium 4/Celeron,AMD K6/Athlon
PCI-Express 16x slot
For full 512 MB support,1GB of system memory required.
DISCREPANCY
Information about my motherboard says “PCI Express - Delivers up to a 4x increase in graphics and 2x I/O bandwidth for smooth multimedia performance”, but system requirements for my graphics card says “PCI-Express 16x slot”.
MY QUESTION
Is there any problem due to the above discrepancy? If so, then what is it?
CONCLUSION
Please let me know what needs to be done(if any)...thanks a lot...

ok its quiet simple if your graphics card is PCIX16 it simply wont install in a X4 slot,

Back
Top Bottom