Is this compatiable?

I'm talking about if you already have a system that is running a 939 Athlon 64, you can update the bios before you install the x2. yeah, if you have a board that was made before the x2 processors were released and have no cpu for it, and want to install an x2, then yeah, you'll have to get ahold of a regular athlon 64 to get it running and get the bios update.

Tommy Boy said:
I'm talking about if you already have a system that is running a 939 Athlon 64, you can update the bios before you install the x2. yeah, if you have a board that was made before the x2 processors were released and have no cpu for it, and want to install an x2, then yeah, you'll have to get ahold of a regular athlon 64 to get it running and get the bios update.

Is there no other way?

kjchui said:
Is there no other way?

nope, there's no other way, if your motherboard doesn't have the latest bios update with dual core support then you have to put in a regular 939 processor to get it to work.

but, like I said, when you buy a new motherboard today, it should already have the latest bios update with dual core support. and if you have a socket 939 motherboard you bought a while back and it doesn't support dual core processors, I'd say take it back and get a new one.

Tommy Boy said:
nope, there's no other way, if your motherboard doesn't have the latest bios update with dual core support then you have to put in a regular 939 processor to get it to work.

but, like I said, when you buy a new motherboard today, it should already have the latest bios update with dual core support. and if you have a socket 939 motherboard you bought a while back and it doesn't support dual core processors, I'd say take it back and get a new one.

I just purchased it yesterday, How can I make sure it has the most recent bios update? I dont want to open it and then have it returned because I then will have to face the restocking fee. Is the only way to call and make sure that it has the most recent bios update?

That's probably the best way to do it, just make sure it seems like the person you're taling to knows what they're talking about. The only other thing you can do is cancel and wait til you find out, or possibly face the restocking fee, I would think you should be okay if you just bought it, it should be the newest revision.

Want a free computer?
<deleted spam link>

Back
Top Bottom