Compaq trouble..

computerfix101

In Runtime
:cool:

I have a compaq workstation AP200 500Mhz...

I found it on the street so I picked it up and tried to see if I could fix it :D:D

Well I put the hardrive in there and I instaklled Windows Xp but then when it installs all of the files it reboots and sends me to the blue screen to install drivers,etc and then loads the OS. Well this time I get the screen 1783- Disk Controller Error F1 Boot F10 Setup

When I click F! to continue the installation it says Non-System Disk or disk error press any key when ready.. and it continues to say the same thing so im stuck...

any help?

add me on aim or msn

ill help you fix it with a bunch of troubleshooting stuff

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< msn and aim names are available on the left, just click on the corresponding picture

You can also try checkcing the jumpers on the back of the hard drive to see if they're inserted properly. You've done the XP install already but it failed. Hmmm. If none of those work, the HDD may very well be dead.

Well I dont have a floppy in there, I was installing Windows XP, and I formatted it and everything and you know when it restarts to continue the installation, well thats where I recieve that screen that says:

1782 - Disk Controller Failure...

F1 Boot F10 Setup

when I click boot it says:

Non-system Disk or Disk Error
Replace and strike any key when ready
_

I was looking for a solution on Google and I found this but I dont know how to resolve this issue.

1782 - Disk Controller Failure None Hard Drive Circuitry Error Run Computer Setup, Replace the HDD

I'll give you an advice. I think I have the Same CompaQ as you do. I had problems with drive detection, so all I'd recommend you to do is to remove the jumper and try to start it.

Disk controller failure. It would be nice to get a spare hard drive to put in the Compaq. If the problem persist with your old drive, then the problem is easily known.

lhuser
Guru

lhuser has a reputation beyond repute lhuser has a reputation beyond repute lhuser has a reputation beyond repute lhuser has a reputation beyond repute lhuser has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Compaq trouble..
I'll give you an advice. I think I have the Same CompaQ as you do. I had problems with drive detection, so all I'd recommend you to do is to remove the jumper and try to start it.
lhuser is offline Add to lhuser's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote

Back
Top Bottom