Compaq Computers?

T16343

Beta member
I am moving out of my parents house and am taking my HP desktop computer with me. My parents are going be buying a new computer system in a week or so with me leaving. I work at Best Buy and we don't get any discounts on computer systems. This week in our ad we have a Compaq Computer package that is $349.97. The package includes the PC, 17" CRT monitor and basic printer.

Specs on the PC are as followed..
AMD Sempronâ„¢ processor 3200+
512MB Memory
120GB Hard Drive
DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive

Now all they're going to be using it for is basic internet activities such as browsing the web and sending emails and such. It seems like a great deal for what they're going to be using it for.

My question is what is your guys' thoughts on Compaq computers and the deal itself? I've always had an HP and never had any problems. I'm not too fond of Compaq and I need you guys' feedback.

THANKS!

Well for basic every day activity, that setup will be more than enough to suite their needs. I have had three compaq's and they have never faulted me. We got a Compaq Presario in the mid 90's and today it is happily running in my cupboard as a server. Compaq as you may know are now owned by HP so I would definately consider buying it as it is a good trustworthy brand and a bargain deal!

James. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom