Compaq 5302RSH

almuerzo

Solid State Member
Compaq 5302RSH/Video card problems/upgrade?

My computer is a Compaq 5302RSH. I am not sure about my video card, processor stuff or memory. I am very ignorant to those or how to find them on the computer. In my opinion, my computer sucks. Compaq (HP whatever) also sucks.
My computer, at one time crashed. It was under warranty and Compaq said that the original motherboards for that model were no good and that they would replace it. They did and my computer kept saying the same thing after they replaced the motherboard. "Hard drive failure imminent", "no operating system found", type stuff. They told me that because my warranty just expired and that they don't warranty the repairs they make, tough luck. I fought with the company all the way up to the CEO. It didn't help.

The reason I wrote that is to get to these questions. I have some games that I am not able to play. An error shows that my video card does not allow alpha blending. (?) I wanted to upgrade my video card and see if that would fix it. Because of my previous problems would it be better/cheaper to rebuild my computer with new/good stuff or just look for another system that is more designed for the PC gamer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

compaq arent very good for gaming, actually i bought a compaq 2 years ago and well look at my sig...thats what i have now. you want ot upgrade the mobo you gotta get a new case, you want a video card, you need a new psu. just one thing after another. i would just build a AMD 64 system, its actually cheap depending on what games u play

i would just build a AMD 64 system, its actually cheap depending on what games u play
Neo 4 Platinum SLI Mobo
3dmark03- 15,542
3dmark05- 7081

Forgive my ignorance but I don't know what any of this means.

Some of the games are Full Spectrum Warrior, Call of Duty 2, FEAR, Gun.

ahh yea build an AMD system. with at least a 6600gt, SLI'ed 6600gt's would be better. also get a 3500+ or a 3000+ venice core.

all that means is build a computer to play those games dont upgrade teh compaq because its going to cost more to upgrade that than to build new

I must disagree: Compaq's aren't necessarily bad for gaming. I just got a Compaq V2413US laptop, and it'll run very recent games (like GuildWars) just fine; of course on pretty low graphic settings. But it still runs them fine. And this is a LAPTOP! :D

Would it be OK to upgrade my video card only? Will I have to make other updrades as well? How can I find out what my vid card is now? I don't have the box the computer came in.

I just sent you a personal message asking for help. I understand that you have a bad motherboard. You can get a refurbished motherboard for your system for around $40. I know because that is what was wrong with the system that I have in for repair. The first board that was sent to me booted up but would lock up after 30 minutes or so. They are sending me a new board now. I will let you know how it works out after I install it. I need a copy of the restore CD's so that I can make a fresh install with the new board. The machine that I am working on has 2 video ports, one on the motherboard and a separate video card. The built in port has no output. Does your machine have the same configuration? If it is then your video card is a 16MB nVidia Vanta Graphics Card!

Back
Top Bottom