Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
Beta Member
Unhappy Compaq 515 Help Please

Hi. Yesterday, I installed XP on my Compaq 515 laptop, and then installed all the drivers I could find on HPs website. But for the hell of me, the wireless card/driver would never work. So I went back to the site and downloaded the BIOS and flashed my bios. So then the laptop starts up with a message stating that the built-in wireless card was unsupported and I that I had to remove it, which I did after opening the back. After that It would boot, but still no damned internet. So I wanted to revert back to the old bios, but had no idea how. I booted to the BIOS menu and selected `Revert everything to factory settings` then the computer just went black and walla! Here lies in all my problems. I think I got a black screen of death. Whenever I start the laptop, the screen just stays black. It doesn't show anything; I can't boot to the bios, the Windows XP cd that I put in doesn't even load. I mean nothing shows on the screen. Absolutely nothing. I know the problem lies within the BIOS, but have no idea how to fix it nor do I have any idea on finding the original BIOS.

All help is very much appreciated.

INamelessI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
Beta Member
Default Re: Compaq 515 Help Please

did u meant that the moment u choose `Revert everything to factory settings` ur hp suddenly went wrong or after u succesfully revert to factory setting..

i doubt that the setting revert your BIOS to previous one because normally it just revert to your original OS ( the one came with ur lappy)

my guess is it has nothing to do with ur bios...maybe it just some hardware problem...u did mention that u removed ur wifi card...perhaps that wifi needs to be in place or it wont boot...and try reinstall ram..
NET@ is offline   Reply With Quote