Compaq 2100 US laptop restore problem

bj123

Beta member
Unit came with quickrestore CDs for restoring the notebook to its factory default state! When I insert the first CD get the following message Windows cannot open this file.
File: PQI .
to open this file Windows needs to know which program created it. Windows can go online and look it up automatically, or you can look up manually.

Followed the instructions to go online to lookup automaticall, web site indicated a File not available or unknown. Any idea how to lookup manually?
Thank you

It is like a proper laptop restore disk..IE...not burned and from a company. IF its not ask your friend or who ever gave you the disk to give you norton ghost or something.

If it still doesnt work you need to put the cd in the dirve and while its in their restart your computer and after it says Compaq it will ask you too boot form a cd press any key, so you press any key and it should enter setup in dos mode and just fallow the instructions. If this isnt the case well i dotn know.

Thank you for response, I contacted Compaq customer relations and they said they
would overnight new cd's at no charge to restore computer to its
original factory default state

wow thats realy good. Tiny my old pc guys, wanted £70 for a bloody RESTORE DISK!

Back
Top Bottom