Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Comp Tia Guides

if you could be provided education materials on any comp tia cert, how would you want it delivered to you.

i.e, PDF download, daily e-mail, video instruction....

user12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: Comp Tia Guides

It would really depend on what type of material your talking about. For a brochure or just basic info I'd prefer a PDF download.

If it was a how to guide for something video instructions would be better with a PDF reference guide.

I always prefer to read material and instructions but sometimes it is helpful to see a video as well.

Daily emails suck because after a while you just disregard them and will miss out when something important is sent via email.

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #3
Golden Master

I have to have detailed written instructions so a PDF download is best, but I also like to see clear images.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
In Runtime

yea PDF was kinda what i was thinking everyone would want.

Im kinda rehashing an old passion. I just like teaching tech, so i was thinking about a way to teach via the internet. My main idea was me narrating a power point pres as a teacher would to a class. I've watched many MCSE courses this way and i enjoyed it more then reading.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

Quote:
Originally Posted by user12 View Post
yea PDF was kinda what i was thinking everyone would want.

Im kinda rehashing an old passion. I just like teaching tech, so i was thinking about a way to teach via the internet. My main idea was me narrating a power point pres as a teacher would to a class. I've watched many MCSE courses this way and i enjoyed it more then reading.
I wouldn't use power point unless your teaching in a class. PDF is ideal for someone at home trying to do something. Clicking though a power point presentation to get to were you want to be would be a unneeded pain IMO. Not to mention what if they don't have power point on there computer?
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
In Runtime

well it would be a (video)

you can use software such as camtasia to do narrated screen recordings for presentations and such.

the video could be in any format they like, mpg,avi,flv. I'd embed each flash vid into a webpage with a download link so they can go back and review.