game112

Solid State Member
Ok well heres my story:

My mom took some A+ course awhile ago and she built this computer in it:

Asus P5AD2 Deluxe mobo
Intel Pentium 4 531 3.00ghz(ht enabled)
Nvidia geforce n5750
Stealth 420 watts powersupply

arite so ever since we first started using it it has been running not as fast as it should. I have another comp:

MSI 845E MAX mobo
Intel Pentium4 2400mhz
Nvidia geforce4 ti 4200
350 watts powersupply

and my second comp runs ALOT BETTER in games and just about everything. Btw i usually use these comps for gaming. On my second comp im recieving better and smoother gameplay through games like css, dods, cod2 and others. But i wud also like to play bf2 on my first comp but it just runs like shit. And now my comp is overheating i was recently in the bios and i had a cpu temp of 86 degrees celsius. So cud there be something wrong with my cpu? or cpu fan is that also why it is running slow because it is overheating. Ive always noticed even from day1 that its been overheating cuz sometimes i would touch the comp and it wud be soo hot and wud eventually shut off by itself. what do i do? Im pretty sure theres something wrong with the cpu?

ne suggestions?

I would check that the cpu cooler is seated correctly, it sounds like it is not. The LGA 775 cpu cooler mounts are a terrible design and it is quite easy (and likely) for one of them to not be installed correctly.
From the amount of heat build up you are describing I would say this is your problem, you will need to replace the thermal compound if you remove the cpu heatsink/fan assembly, I recommend Arctic Silver5 for this.

thats NOT normal and it would defently slow your comp down Alot. Are your fans facing the right direction and are they providing good airflow?? It makes al the difference

I have no clue:( Im gonna take it to a repair shop. Ne ideas on how much this wud cost? o yea and my bad its not a Intel pentium 4 531 3.00ghz its a intel pentium 4 530 3.00ghz not much diff i dont think tho. but neways i had another person look at it and it seems thats wut every1s saying it cud be. and yea thanks for lettin me no

Back
Top Bottom