Comp keeps restarting a few seconds after boot

Wow, can we shun him? That's like a slap across our face.
I sure can, I don't have time to explain basics to idiots.

By all means do so if you so desire.

@ wol-va-rine

I posted that before the revelation that he used a hot glue gun to mount his cooler backplate, given this new information I would suggest that anything is possible, for all we know the glue may be conductive and be causing a short which results in the restarts.

oh and the best part- I didnt have the screwholes on my case tray where my cpu cooler needed it- so I hotglued the screwthings into the back of the mobo:D :D

and my comp reboots too soon to get to the bios
And we're surprised by this, why? I'm surprised you didn't just drill holes in the m/board.

I wonder what else has been subjected to the "Glue Kid" method of installation, the mind boggles.

Well putting the methods used aside for the moment it sounds more like the overheat protection circuit is simply kicking in and shutting things down when detecting that the cpu is running hot right away at startup. wol-va-rine has made a good observation there on the likely mismounting or lack of seeing a strong bonding of the thermal compound or paste used that simply let go now causing the high temps.

The fan on the cpu cooler used having given out could be another item to add there as well as a need to reseat the hsf used. The removal of the board followed by a "questionable" means of mounting may have simply resulted in seeing the original bond give out while you should have looked into seeing non conductive washers used for normal standoffs to prevent any ground outs.

Is it "idiots" or even better referred to as "New beees"?! I don't think there's anyone that hasn't made a foobar out of something when they first started with any of this stuff. The expression of "live and learn" seems to apply best.

I know but honestly...wood strips? hot glue? heatsink not touching cpu? hahaha...it's just funny. Not EVERYTHING can be jimmy-rigged :D

...though some, obviously, may try.

I simply stuck the washers found in the small bag with the fastening screws of top of the standoffs used when going to drop a board inplace. Those along with a first look at where the standoffs will be coming up to have always insured no board was ever grounded out here.

It's not that you won't occasionally fastened one or two standoffs down in the wrong places. You just have to pay attention by lowering the board while looking to see how they line up. oops! Pull the board back out and move something over.

Back
Top Bottom