Comp goes into power save mode out of no where.

allenn812

Daemon Poster
Recently, mostly during games, my monitor will go black and it will go into power save mode, while what ever sound was going on starts looping. i Rencently got a new PSU so i thought it was that, but after switching, it still happends. I dident change any of the power managment settings so you can rule that out too. Wtfs going on!
Also the only way to turn the comp back on is to turn the power switch on the psu off and on.

Could be overheating sound card, also chech ya havent bumped it slightly when ya installed ya new PSU, try reseating it back in.

try this: go to control panel / click on power options / where it says power schemes, check to make sure that the correct scheme matches your setup..for example :

if you have a laptop / setting scheme should be <portable laptop>
if you have a desktop pc / setting will be <home/office desk>

~mr mixx~ said:
try this: go to control panel / click on power options / where it says power schemes, check to make sure that the correct scheme matches your setup..for example :

if you have a laptop / setting scheme should be <portable laptop>
if you have a desktop pc / setting will be <home/office desk>

Already tried that, thanks anyways. Any other suggestions?!?!?!?

Is it happening with all games or just a new one ya have got hold of, could just be something to do with ya game and not HW related.

Raffaz said:
Is it happening with all games or just a new one ya have got hold of, could just be something to do with ya game and not HW related.

Nope it also happens when not playing games, like just talking on aim and listening to music. But happends much faster when i play games. Usually after about 5 mins into the game.

Ah right have ya tried swapping out ya graphics card with a known working spare

Raffaz said:
Ah right have ya tried swapping out ya graphics card with a known working spare

Thats what i plan to do when i get home, Ill tell you guys if it works!!! I also have memtest running right now, incase its some bad ram.

Back
Top Bottom