Comcast Cable Internet

T16343

Beta member
I am moving out of my parents house and am getting Comcast Cable Internet and have a question or two.

1) For those with Comcast cable internet, how do you guys like it? pros/cons?

2) Right now, we have DSL at my parents house and I have a router hooked up to my computer that allows my girlfriends laptop to hook in and use our DSL. All we do is plug a ethernet cord into the router and plug it into her laptop. Now having Cable Internet, can you do the same thing? use a router and hook up addition computers to it?

Thanks a lot in advance for the input!

I have comcast cable and I love it! Yes you can use a router and have multiple computers hooked up. I actually have one computer connected directly to a router and another hooked up wirelessly. One problem i'm having though, which I am not sure if it is the cable or the router, is that both computers get disconnected from the internet frequently. I think it's the router, but i'm just too lazy to look into much depth into the issue. Also, comcast cable can be pretty pricy. I think we are paying $45-$50 a month for ours. However, it is extremely fast.

I had comcast last year and rarely had any problem with the connection. We used one of Linksys' routers (I think the model was G) and it allowed all three roommates to be connected either through a cord or wirelessly. I myself used the wireless option and it just worked great. You can hook up up to 5 computers using ethernet cords. very reliable from my expeirence.

Back
Top Bottom