which combo?

hey guys, im getting a budget build for my dad... and im wondering which combo will be better for him (just surfing the web, video playing, etc.)

if the cheaper one isnt that much of a quality difference, i would go for that... so tell me what you think

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.198664

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.198665

I would suggest the Athlon 64 x2. But you would probably be better off by just buying the parts individually, you could get what you really want, and with the combo you really aren't saving much. Just my opinion though.

Core2Duo e5200 tbh :p

No, actually, I'd say the 7750, too. That other one is a whopping 95w consumption at 100% I'd assume and would be overkill for a intardnet (as Wol-va-rine calls it) computer.

Core2Duo e5200 tbh :p

No, actually, I'd say the 7750, too. That other one is a whopping 95w consumption at 100% I'd assume and would be overkill for a intardnet (as Wol-va-rine calls it) computer.

Actually, the E5200 is technically a pentium dual core. But it has the exact same architecture and everything as a C2D. But it has a slower FSB (800) and 1mb less cache. It also has EXCELLENT overclock capabilities. I'm getting one, and I'm psyched! Fantastic CPU for the cash IMO

Actually, the E5200 is technically a pentium dual core. But it has the exact same architecture and everything as a C2D. But it has a slower FSB (800) and 1mb less cache. It also has EXCELLENT overclock capabilities. I'm getting one, and I'm psyched! Fantastic CPU for the cash IMO

Which is why I say use it for a regular office use computer. grab a GigaByte GMA3100 board for about 50 dollars, some pc2-6400 or pc2-5300, a GeForce 7 or 8 series card, an e5200, a cheap case and some fans. plus a good old harddrive and optical drive. a 400 watt power supply will do you just fine there. all for about 250.

Which is why I say use it for a regular office use computer. grab a GigaByte GMA3100 board for about 50 dollars, some pc2-6400 or pc2-5300, a GeForce 7 or 8 series card, an e5200, a cheap case and some fans. plus a good old harddrive and optical drive. a 400 watt power supply will do you just fine there. all for about 250.

Actually, it's for my first full build (I've been tinkering with them for quite a while now). I'm making a gaming oriented computer, and I put in a gts250, E5200 (almost went for the 2.8ghz version, due to faster FSB, will upgrade to later), some really good super talent ram, and a 520 watt PSU. I think I'll be happy with it, especially seeing as it was only $320 :D I know it won't be an OMFG UBER CRYSIS PWNAGE MASHEENE but it will play games and that's all that matters. I'm coming from a P4 at 1.8ghz, so it's a HUGE jump lol :p

To answer your question ndatoxicity, go with the Kuma. It's a great value. And go with the combo. I will never use anything but ASUS now. :D

Actually, it's for my first full build (I've been tinkering with them for quite a while now). I'm making a gaming oriented computer, and I put in a gts250, E5200 (almost went for the 2.8ghz version, due to faster FSB, will upgrade to later), some really good super talent ram, and a 520 watt PSU. I think I'll be happy with it, especially seeing as it was only $320 :D I know it won't be an OMFG UBER CRYSIS PWNAGE MASHEENE but it will play games and that's all that matters. I'm coming from a P4 at 1.8ghz, so it's a HUGE jump lol :p

*sigh*
#1- SUPER TALENT isn't super great RAM. Yeah it works OK, but any G.SKILL or CORSAIR is going to be worlds better.
#2- The rest of the system will be a bottleneck to a GTS 250. Go with the 9800GT or 9600GT and save the money to get some great fancy CORSAIR RAM.
#3- Don't upgrade later your CPU later. If you don't want super fancy CORSAIR with the money you'll save from not going with GTS 250, you could get the 2.8 GHz.
#4- Don't go with a cheapo 520 Watt. Get a good old OCZ StealthXStream 500 Watt. here

i went 7750.... honestly it was like 5 bucks over the parts i already picked....

so i ordered my parts tonight :D

im so excited to build this weekend WHOOO

Back
Top Bottom