Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-02-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Daemon Poster
 
ndatoxicity's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 723
Send a message via AIM to ndatoxicity Send a message via MSN to ndatoxicity Send a message via Yahoo to ndatoxicity
Default which combo?

hey guys, im getting a budget build for my dad... and im wondering which combo will be better for him (just surfing the web, video playing, etc.)

if the cheaper one isnt that much of a quality difference, i would go for that... so tell me what you think

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.198664

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.198665
__________________

__________________
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite P105 | Intel Mobile C2D T7200 @ 2.0 | 2gb DDR2 667 | 120gb HD | NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS | Vista Home Premium
Desktop 1 - ASUS M3A76-CM | AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 @ 2.7 | 4gb DDR2 800 | WD 320gb 7200rpm | ATI Radeon 3000 Integrated | W7 64 Bit
Desktop 2 - ASUS M4A78 Plus | AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.1 | 4gb DDR2 1066 | WD 500gb 7200rpm | EVGA GTS 250 | W7 64 Bit

http://www.youtube.com/user/ndatoxicity...http://www.last.fm/user/ndatoxicity
ndatoxicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
 
GibsonSGKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: which combo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndatoxicity View Post
hey guys, im getting a budget build for my dad... and im wondering which combo will be better for him (just surfing the web, video playing, etc.)

if the cheaper one isnt that much of a quality difference, i would go for that... so tell me what you think

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.198664

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...t=Combo.198665
I would suggest the Athlon 64 x2. But you would probably be better off by just buying the parts individually, you could get what you really want, and with the combo you really aren't saving much. Just my opinion though.
__________________

GibsonSGKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: which combo?

7750 Kuma. It's a great processor for the price.
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
Grantofhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,762
Default Re: which combo?

Core2Duo e5200 tbh

No, actually, I'd say the 7750, too. That other one is a whopping 95w consumption at 100% I'd assume and would be overkill for a intardnet (as Wol-va-rine calls it) computer.
__________________
RD-PC -//- i7 950 // Evga x58 SLI // 3x2 OCZ PC3-12800 // 2x Evga GTX470 // Corsair HX850 // SilverStone TJ07
Grantofhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
Daemon Poster
 
GibsonSGKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: which combo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
Core2Duo e5200 tbh

No, actually, I'd say the 7750, too. That other one is a whopping 95w consumption at 100% I'd assume and would be overkill for a intardnet (as Wol-va-rine calls it) computer.
Actually, the E5200 is technically a pentium dual core. But it has the exact same architecture and everything as a C2D. But it has a slower FSB (800) and 1mb less cache. It also has EXCELLENT overclock capabilities. I'm getting one, and I'm psyched! Fantastic CPU for the cash IMO
GibsonSGKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
Fully Optimized
 
LukaszR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,833
Send a message via MSN to LukaszR
Default Re: which combo?

second combo u posted i think.
__________________
Desktop - DualBoot: Fedora 15/Windows 7 64bit
Netbook - Windows 7 Professional

www.Cyber-Talk.ca League of Legends and Gaming Community
LukaszR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
Grantofhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,762
Default Re: which combo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonSGKing View Post
Actually, the E5200 is technically a pentium dual core. But it has the exact same architecture and everything as a C2D. But it has a slower FSB (800) and 1mb less cache. It also has EXCELLENT overclock capabilities. I'm getting one, and I'm psyched! Fantastic CPU for the cash IMO
Which is why I say use it for a regular office use computer. grab a GigaByte GMA3100 board for about 50 dollars, some pc2-6400 or pc2-5300, a GeForce 7 or 8 series card, an e5200, a cheap case and some fans. plus a good old harddrive and optical drive. a 400 watt power supply will do you just fine there. all for about 250.
__________________
RD-PC -//- i7 950 // Evga x58 SLI // 3x2 OCZ PC3-12800 // 2x Evga GTX470 // Corsair HX850 // SilverStone TJ07
Grantofhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #8
Daemon Poster
 
GibsonSGKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: which combo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell View Post
Which is why I say use it for a regular office use computer. grab a GigaByte GMA3100 board for about 50 dollars, some pc2-6400 or pc2-5300, a GeForce 7 or 8 series card, an e5200, a cheap case and some fans. plus a good old harddrive and optical drive. a 400 watt power supply will do you just fine there. all for about 250.
Actually, it's for my first full build (I've been tinkering with them for quite a while now). I'm making a gaming oriented computer, and I put in a gts250, E5200 (almost went for the 2.8ghz version, due to faster FSB, will upgrade to later), some really good super talent ram, and a 520 watt PSU. I think I'll be happy with it, especially seeing as it was only $320 I know it won't be an OMFG UBER CRYSIS PWNAGE MASHEENE but it will play games and that's all that matters. I'm coming from a P4 at 1.8ghz, so it's a HUGE jump lol
GibsonSGKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
Fully Optimized
 
63083's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,129
Default Re: which combo?

To answer your question ndatoxicity, go with the Kuma. It's a great value. And go with the combo. I will never use anything but ASUS now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonSGKing View Post
Actually, it's for my first full build (I've been tinkering with them for quite a while now). I'm making a gaming oriented computer, and I put in a gts250, E5200 (almost went for the 2.8ghz version, due to faster FSB, will upgrade to later), some really good super talent ram, and a 520 watt PSU. I think I'll be happy with it, especially seeing as it was only $320 I know it won't be an OMFG UBER CRYSIS PWNAGE MASHEENE but it will play games and that's all that matters. I'm coming from a P4 at 1.8ghz, so it's a HUGE jump lol
*sigh*
#1- SUPER TALENT isn't super great RAM. Yeah it works OK, but any G.SKILL or CORSAIR is going to be worlds better.
#2- The rest of the system will be a bottleneck to a GTS 250. Go with the 9800GT or 9600GT and save the money to get some great fancy CORSAIR RAM.
#3- Don't upgrade later your CPU later. If you don't want super fancy CORSAIR with the money you'll save from not going with GTS 250, you could get the 2.8 GHz.
#4- Don't go with a cheapo 520 Watt. Get a good old OCZ StealthXStream 500 Watt. here
__________________
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #10
Daemon Poster
 
ndatoxicity's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 723
Send a message via AIM to ndatoxicity Send a message via MSN to ndatoxicity Send a message via Yahoo to ndatoxicity
Default Re: which combo?

i went 7750.... honestly it was like 5 bucks over the parts i already picked....

so i ordered my parts tonight

im so excited to build this weekend WHOOO
__________________

__________________
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite P105 | Intel Mobile C2D T7200 @ 2.0 | 2gb DDR2 667 | 120gb HD | NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS | Vista Home Premium
Desktop 1 - ASUS M3A76-CM | AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 @ 2.7 | 4gb DDR2 800 | WD 320gb 7200rpm | ATI Radeon 3000 Integrated | W7 64 Bit
Desktop 2 - ASUS M4A78 Plus | AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.1 | 4gb DDR2 1066 | WD 500gb 7200rpm | EVGA GTS 250 | W7 64 Bit

http://www.youtube.com/user/ndatoxicity...http://www.last.fm/user/ndatoxicity
ndatoxicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0