CoD2 crashing?

Hi,

i had a read of that page and unfortunately nothing helped. But i did go and do some troubleshooting of my own and found that when i change the graphics setting in the game to Render Method: DirectX 7 instead of DirectX 9 it seems to work fine, not sure if im getting downgraded graphics as a result though......can anyone tell me why this would happen when this card is a DirectX 9 card?

Thanks,

Matt

depends on your system specs. DirectX 9.0c requires more power from your system (video card and proc mostly if i understand correctly) to run. It could just be that your system is not powerful enough to run 9.0c on CoD, mine isn't.

Well i finally got some time to have a crack at it now that i have it working, but now more problems have arose. I completed the training and first level of the game, fine on the DX7 setting, now when the next level loads, i get the same error lol....with all settings on DX7 and the settings that worked on the other levels...now i'm just plain frustrated.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

Edit: Hmmmm this is one weird pc lol.....just tried Halo and it too was crashing after the loading screen....in all of this i have been emailing Activision (producers of CoD2) and they told me to do a clean boot (have nothing but Windows processes running) and the game worked fine, i then booted back normal and both Halo and CoD2 are working perfect lmao.....so if you can see the logical, please, enlighten me ;)

Anyways, thanks for all the help none the less.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom