CoD 4 Low FPS.

Liminator

In Runtime
You've all probably heard of this problem but I've looked for a solution and none of them have worked so far. I decided to download the Call of Duty 4 demo before buying it and no matter what I do, I get a lot stuttering and low FPS after the first 5 seconds. I've tried disabling Sound EQ Filter, enabling multiple GPU and dropping all the details to as low as they can go but I still get the same amount of FPS and stuttering as if I was playing it on 1024 x 768 with all high. I've also tried using Driver Cleaner and installing the 93.71 drivers.

My specs are:

AMD Athlone 64 3000+
2GB Ram
512MB 7600GS AGP
160GB HDD

Any ides as to what I can do?

first off
disable mutipul gpu
you only have one
second off
whats resolution are you running at?
your settings should be around low/medium
do u have a lot of back around tasks going on?
run msconfig
uncheck any programs that should be running at start up
virus? do a couple virus scans

I got the multi GPU idea from another forum that said it helped some people. I'm running the resolution at 800 x 600. Virus checks came relatively clean and already cleared up the background tasks.

Check video card temps, make sure no dust has built up on the heatsink of the processor or graphics card. Try updated drivers too, available from Nvidia's website.

Card temps staying in the 40 degrees celsius. Updated the drivers and FPS went up by a tiny bit but not much.

well you are trying to run cod 4 on a 7600....im sure it can run the game, but probably not very well. trying to run it with my old 6600 didnt go over too well.

I guess I was kinda hoping that I could at least get smooth game play on the lowest settings I could get.

Just remember, you are running a demo, it's not perfect. It was a little laggy compared to the real deal. It might be completely fine.

make the resolution smaller and set all the graphics to the least quality and you will get more fps

any backgrounds things running? try blowing dust out of pc, and try lowering the res youll get a much much better fps out of somethihg smaller.

Back
Top Bottom