cmd help?!

chepenguin

Solid State Member
ok this is going to be a totally noob question but i have a problem with cmd its not pinging or ipconfig or netstat none of these are working its saying that it is not a valid internal or external command operable programme or a batch file it could be because it starts with C:\ Documents and settings\Home im sure its meant to just be c:/ and you state where you want it to look not for it to predetermined also doing cd:\ sorted the directory out so it was just looking at c:\ not the documents and settings one
thc in advance

what do you mean it starts with "C:\ Documents and settings\Home".

If you are going to use for example "ipconfig" at the cmd, you do not need to type anything else it should come up with network/ip information for you. so just type in "ipconfig" then press enter. And when you ping, type ping followed by an IP address or the name of a computer ON THE SAME NETWORK.

Also, you mentioned that it said "t is not a valid internal or external command operable programme or a batch file" everytime you punched in one of those commands, it might be that the system path has been altered some way and that the Operating system cant find the command!

Anyways see how that goes and we shall see where we will go from there =D

Nat

If you want to Ping, you need to type:

Code:
PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

the Xs are the numbers in your IP adress.

ip config, you need to type:

Code:
IPCONFIG /ALL

You can also ping websites:

Code:
ping bbc.co.uk

And you should get a response, with the IP number of that domain name, providing the server is allowed to respond to ping requests, which some don't.

i know how to ping and i tried pinging website ips and ive tried all basic commands in cmd wont allow me go into telnet it seems that cmd is not talking to my computer and i have no idea why

Back
Top Bottom