Clear it up please

You know I really hate when some one doesn't have thier profile filled out. If you were close to me I'd give you one of my old case's.
As for tastes over tech, well that will come back to take a hunk out of your butt later. You get this ATX motherboard, you shop for these ATX style cases. It not a matter of getting this mobo and that case and hope it fits. It's a matter of doing your homework FIRST.

The main difference among ATX and BTX motherboards is the position of the slots. BTX motherboards are like mirrored ATX boards. Where the connectors of the serial ports, parallel ports, keyboard, mouse, USB, etc. are soldered today we find the expansion slots in the BTX boards. And where the expansion slots are today, in BTX motherboards we find the board connectors (serial ports, parallel ports, keyboard, mouse, USB, etc.)

Another difference is the distance between the motherboard and the metallic chassis of the PC case, which is 0.4173 in. (10.6 mm), bigger than the distance in the ATX standard, which improves the flow of air in lower part of motherboard and facilitates the use of systems to fit in the cooler of larger processors.

Right i have ordered this one and i was just have two more question
1.Because it's a new mobo and i have a disk for windows XP to be installed but it got a dell on it so im thinking because i will have a new mobo wouldn't my system not be a dell there for i can't install windows with the CD i get with my dell comp
2.Would i have loads of errors with my comp recongnising the new mobo
Thxs if anyone could answer theses

You can load that windows on your new setup, you'll just need to activate it. I would try it and maybe Microsoft won't give you any problems, but if it says you'll need to call microsoft to activate. Then you have will have to choose between two options. Call and make a good excuse for the changes or buy you an oem version of xp. It's worth a try, but you should not have any errors with the new setup. You'll just need to install the drivers for your hardware, and it's best to start with a fresh install of the os.

I'll call them seeming i have all the information to tell them that i have brought a dell comp and that it has come with it and there for i got it legally
thxs X-treme 3D for clearing that last bit up and thank you to everyone for your help

Yeah they should, just make sure you're buying the right kind of ram for your motherboard. Check what kind of ram your motherboard supports.

Back
Top Bottom