Clear CMOS?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I was reading up on how i got about clearing my CMOS....and found the following in my manual....

CMOS.JPG

My Question is, what does it mean by "temporarily short the two pins". I'm not a big person on the subject and don't know as much as i should...so could someone please explain in a bit more detail than Gigabyte lol what that means...

Thanks,

Matt

EDIT: Sorry about the large image lol

You need a jumper (similar to the one in the back of a hard drive) which is the prefered method or use a screw driver blade to contact both pins (this is not the recommended method - use at your own risk), this will create a short circuit between the pins and clear the cmos.

That's stupid. They should have included that jumper.
As long as it's shorted it will work. Just pull your battery and maybe use something less sturdy than a screwdriver so you don't accidentally bend those pins.

Ahh ok thanks....so i put the jumper over them and then turn the pc on? or simply put the jumper on for a minute or so and take it off without pc being turned on?

And whilst i'm at it, to save another thread.....what, in your opinions, would i be able to get overclocking wise....at the moment im running the FSB at 216 (11X multiplier)......specs are:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (now at 2.38ghz)
Gigabyte GA-M55PLUS-S3G as u might have guessed lol
2 X Kingston DDRII-533mhz 512mb RAM (running in dual channel) at 264mhz
RAM Timings: (5-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz) thats from everest and i dont get the 2 different 266 clocks...

Thanks,

Matt

well actually u can use your fingers to short them because i was gunna straighten the power switch pins once and the computer turned on when i touched them.

Back
Top Bottom