cleaning computer advice

faith4

In Runtime
hmm, i open up my computer case and found out OMG ! :eek: :eek:
all i can see is dust...
it is alright if i use a vacum cleaner to suck all the dust ?
nothing will get damaged right?

it shouldn't damage any thing, but a thing of canned air is still best. what you can do is use the vacume to suck up the dust that gets blown by the air.

If you have a spear Air Compressor around (fill up car tires, bike tires, chaning oil, and so on) like my fathers. I would use air compressor at about 40 - 80PSI and make sure you move as you are cleaning the fans I broke a million fan blades just trying to clean out my computer. I would reccomend you do your monthly clean of your computer case if your on it every day and leave it on anytime your not home, or you are home. Anyways, yes the besst thing is for air compressor because it will get anyspace you watn. I use to use the vac. but it just got to the point where it because a pain to get in all the little spaces, or to take out each componet. So if you can find a cheap can of air like suggest above or go get a cheap air compressor :)

thanks for all the advices people.
i'll pay lots attention on the processor and hsf fins.

Noxious020189 said:
I would use air compressor at about 40 - 80PSI and make sure you move as you are cleaning the fans I broke a million fan blades just trying to clean out my computer.

thats why its best just go buy a $7 can of air. so you don't risk breaking anything with an air compressor.

celegorm said:
thats why its best just go buy a $7 can of air. so you don't risk breaking anything with an air compressor.

Learn from your mistakes and lower the PSI like I told and they won't break. I'm just saying if you finaly have your own house and dont feel like buying air for seven dollars then why not go pick up an air compressor, and then you won't add up that seven dollars each time. I know that sounds pretty extreme, but if you think about it if your into computers now I don't think you'll be leaving them any time soon. This is all just my oppnion so please I'm not saying that the air can idea is bad, but if you want to spend around 84 bucks a year (if one can = one case) then I would go with the air compressor, but 84 dollars isnt that much, so either one will work :) Good luck with your desision.

*I feel like I'm saying that celegorm's idea is bad, but it's not sorry if I don't sound like it is in the text above

i used a vacume cleaner
it works fine
just make use u have oine of those soft brushes and your extreamly gentail
around the compoints

Back
Top Bottom