Cisco Xfinity DPC3941T be Netgear

OneMarcilV

In Runtime
I purchased a Netgear modem/router. This one did not have fast connection like the Cisco Xfinity DPC3941T has. I have Comcast internet service. Why doesn't Netgear have faster modem/routers. Why is this?

Here is a photograph on the modem/router and internet speed test.IMG_2315.jpgIMG_9278.jpg

I don't understand. How do you know it's the gateway's fault? Why do you say Netgear doesn't manufacture better units than the one you bought, or that the one you bought is not supposed to be faster and yours is faulty?

Doesn't seem so. The Cisco Gateway is the faster of the two. So the gateway is fine. True on Netgear manufacturing slower modem/routers. No the one that I own that I purchased on eBay like two years ago works perfectly. But COMCAST thinks that is their modem/router. That is I decided to purchase this Netgear version.

I prefer to use separate modems and routers myself. This gives me the modularity to swap one out without having to swap out the other.

I currently have a Motorola Surfboard modem (I have Charter/Spectrum cable as my ISP) and a Netgear router (I forget the model, but it is an upper model that I won a while back). I consistantly get better speeds than what I am officially paying for with them.

Ok. I purchased an Arris modem/router. This only has a speed test result of 34 when I should be getting 250. Does Comcast not send the correct connecting speed to a non leased modem?

Back
Top Bottom