Choosing a monitor. 21-22", probably 1080P and HDMI

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
Pretty self explanatory. I'd like to stick between ACER, ASUS, LG, and Samsung. Unless someone has a very good reason why not to. Here's what I'm debating. I'll place them in order from best to worst (in my opinion). I guess I need a second opinion. This will be for my friend's build. I've been trying to pick a monitor for a few days and I'm sick of racking my brain. Doesn't have to be HDMI or 1080P, but for the same price as normal monitors, why the heck not (at least on the 1080 part)?

Thanks guys.

I would pick the third one. It is far more aesthetically pleasing that the other ones. And it seems to have the best ratings. Why may I ask do you like the first one so much?? It reminds me of an HP touchscreen which make me want to vomit.

Well, I like the contrast ratio, but then again, half the time it's all lies no matter what company. Can I ask why you like 3 over 2? (it was a toss up between 1 and 2 for me). I mean, 2 has 1080. Do you like 3 just because it has the ratings..? I think it's been on NewEgg quite a bit longer...

I'm not saying 1080P is bad, but is your friend really going to be using 1080 while he's working? 1080P is is for HI-Def video pretty much I understand correctly.

EDIT: Well the 1080P one cheaper right at the moment. I guess that is the way to go. The second one looks pretty good.

Well. See that was the thing. I mean, 1080P AND cheaper? It's kinda a no brainer, I guess. I just figure higher resolution is probably pretty decent...not that the other one was /bad/...that's not what I was saying at all, actually.

At any rate, prices have gone thru the roof...especially the lack of free shipping. Dumb.

Numero 2. Only problem i see is the 5ms over the 2ms. But I'd rather have 1980x1080 than 1680x1050.

Yeah, see normally I would make a big argument for 2ms over 5ms, but this won't be for a gaming machine, so it won't be noticeable. I think I'll go with 2, but I'll look thru them all again in a bit. Meeting with him tonight about the whole build.

Back
Top Bottom