Choosing the Laptop for me

Burnthings176

Solid State Member
I'm planning on getting a loptop to replace my PC right now, and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the situation. I'm looking for an all around PC that could do just about anything i shoot at it. IM thinking games, movies, along wiht burning dvds and cds. also, cost is a big issue, since this is partially going to be an xmas/birthday gift that im going to have to pitch in for. Ive already sone some research and come up with a good HP laptop to meet all my needs.

Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Home Edition with SP2
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 630 w/HT Technology, 3.0GHz
17.0" WXGA+ Wide Viewing (1440x900)
1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM, 533MHz (2x512MB)
80 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
DVD+/-RW/R & CD-RW Combo w/Double Layer Support
54g(TM) Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
256MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) X600
12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

all this comes to a sum of around 1600, which seems to me like the most im going to spend. If anyone knows any better deals or sees a flaw in my setup here, would you please let me know, thanks

if u want a good laptop for all that, get a dell xps m170. if you get the go 6800 ultra, its better then the desktop 6800gt. if uyou get the 7800 it pwns. (comes stock with 6800 ultra). it is very good for watching movies because of the nvidia purevideo technology. p4 processors run to hot in a loptop, the dell has a pentium m...very good for gaming and movies.17" wuxga (1920x1200). and also get a 7200rpm hd, its well worth it...happy hunting =)

i checked it out, looks great, except for the price. The HP is 1,600, which is as high as i think im gunna go

Back
Top Bottom