Choices we should consider when getting Windows Vista

1gig ram system req?..i better get an upgrade soon cuz thats all i got.. 300$ is a bit pricey.. but i know i'll probably throwing away my money on it as soon as it comes out.

woudlnt it be a good idea to wait a little bit so all the little quirks are settled out?

Yeah, it's better to wait for the bugs to be worked out. There will be bugs guranteed during the initial release. There always are whenever a new version of Windows comes out. But the bugs are usually fixed with Service Packs or Windows Updates.

In the article, it strictly says DX 9.0c as a minimum requirement. DX 10 would be even better when it comes out.

If the bugs are never fixed, there goes Microsoft again with Windows Vista 2nd Edition lol.

As it stands, you can use windows XP on a 300mhz with 192 megs of memory, and it's just about as fast as 98se and windows 2k were for me.

Yet here we are, a 2.4ghz with 512 megs of ram and a 128mb graphics card that only supports DX8.0 is not enough for vista?

You could use a PCI video card with no acceleration on XP and have no issues. Hell, microsoft recommended 256 megs of ram for multitasking in XP.

Microsoft is just further proving they are nazis who care for nothing but cash, they will not get their way with me. nLite will be out there for vista someday... and I will be waiting.

The Basic Edition will be able to handle the lower specs, but it's stripped down from the fancy look and features that Vista was meant to have.

TRDCorolla said:
The Basic Edition will be able to handle the lower specs, but it's stripped down from the fancy look and features that Vista was meant to have.

If i had to choose between my games running like dogshit because the OS feels fancy effects are more important than gameing performance and having a CLEAN os (As I like it) and getting a decent framerate, I think the choice is quite obvious.

Back
Top Bottom