okay, so I made a thread about a week ago on the same topic, but It went more in the direction of building a new computer. After deciding I'd rather not build a computer quite yet, I've decided to post my situation again.
I've gone over my selections and narrowed them down a bit to the following systems. The computer will be used for surfing the web, listening to music, watching videos, web/design work (dreamweaver, photoshop, flash), audio production, and simple word document creation. I don't play any video intensive games. I like the idea of having more ram, so I've only included systems with a minimum 4gb of ram.
HP Pavilion P6310F
- 2.8GHz athlon II quad-core, 6gb ram, 1TB hard drive - $598
- 2.6GHz phenom II quad-core, 8gb ram, 750GB hard drive - $550
- this would be the base model which has, 2.9GHz athlon quad-core, 6gb ram, 640GB hard drive - $579
- 2.6GHz athlon II quad-core, 4gb ram, 500GB hard drive - $538
- 3.0GHz phenom II quad-core, 4gb ram, 500GB hard drive - $579
- 3.0GHz phenom II quad-core, 6gb ram, 1TB hard drive - $568
*I don't really love the idea of buying a refurbished computer, but I think this is a great deal. Anyone have anymore words of wisdom or dissuasion about buying refurbished?
Again, I appreciate any input from anyone, I'm just trying to find the right system for me.