Cheapest Place to Buy DVDs?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hey I know this a tad bit off topic, but I was just wondering; does anyone here know of any really cheap places to buy good selections of DVDs? I don't really care if they're used/new, as long as they're in good enough condition...

Amazon.com has a pretty good selection of cheap used DVDs, just wondering if anyone knows of any cheaper ones. :)

Thanks!

(PS: I'm talking about DVDs with movies on them, not blank DVD-R's :))

hey you're a moderator now. Cool. Ebay is the best place. That i can think of for the states.

Yeah, I've heard Play.com is great too.

Though try this:

http://www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk/

It checks for any region so should be able to get you cheap DVD's in the states and anywhere else too.
It scans all the well known web providers for DVD's including Play.com I think, and gives you the best possible price for what you search for.

Very useful I think :)

EDIT: I'm a mod too again now...well...it says it in the moderator section at the bottom, though I haven't been added properly yet. I wonder why this happened suddenly? :eek: :D

If it was imported from Asia, the DVD's will be Region 3 I think from this list:

REGION 1 -- USA, Canada
REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia
REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
REGION 6 -- China
REGION 0 or REGION ALL -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide, however, PAL discs must be played in a PAL-compatible unit and NTSC discs must be played in an NTSC-compatible unit.

So, if you have a Region Free DVD player, as some are, then you could play any disc, and so ones from Asia too.
Some DVD software for example like "Power DVD" I think can also play in Region Free mode, though I guess it depends on your DVD Rom drive too.

So it might be worth checking up on that :)

my dvd player is region free, however i am lookign for a site where i can get them imported from!

Not used but.

Colombia house.. Sign up for that and you get a deal on a bunch of movies.. Only catch is that usall you need to buy 3 dvd's at full price.. I signed up several subscriptions and got a whole load of movies.

http://wisconsinnitro.com/movie.html
Mot fully updated. I have to add about 6 more to that list.

Back
Top Bottom