cheap vs expensive tv tuners

bango1

Beta member
hey, is there much of a differance when it comes to cheap and expensive tv tnuers? is the picture crappy on cheap ones? i'd assume not

the reason i ask is because i am going to buy one and i just got a email with a coupon for one for 20 bucks(CDN) (normally 30), here's the link http://www.factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_spec.php?pcode=PO0010

do you think i should go for that, or do you recommend spending more money on a better one, if so, why?

Spent money on a better one, it's hard to explain, but dependant on what you want to do. Expensive is generally better though. What do you want to do with the card, just watch TV, or do you want to do anything else?

Personally speaking, I prefer the PCI TV tuners, such as the Hauppage PVR 150, I had a USB TV tuner, and I had problems with delays at time, if I was doing other processor hungry work, because the tuner relies on the computer to provide the processing power, whereas with the PCI card, that carries out the majority of the work, and leaves the computer free to do other stuff.

Often or not the USB tuners are far cheaper

the one i said is pci...
essentially i want to just watch tv, but i may record stuff once in a while

Back
Top Bottom