Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default Cheap mobo manufactour names?

Hello all im trying to pick up a cheap but good mobo for an athlon 64 939skt cpu.

ive been looking at foxconn asrock, orion mobos and was wondering if any of you lot know any other good but not in the mainstream mobos that i could look into. i mean its no good looking at manufacturers like ASUS or DFI as they cost a bomb. ive been trying to get one for around 20-25 but people just keep slightly out bidding me.

Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
muz
Golden Master

Default Re: Cheap mobo manufactour names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
Hello all im trying to pick up a cheap but good mobo for an athlon 64 939skt cpu.

ive been looking at foxconn asrock, orion mobos and was wondering if any of you lot know any other good but not in the mainstream mobos that i could look into. i mean its no good looking at manufacturers like ASUS or DFI as they cost a bomb. ive been trying to get one for around 20-25 but people just keep slightly out bidding me.
if you are gonna get a cheap mobo out of them i would pick a foxconn , i have one in my build that cos about 28 and its fine never had any problems with it at all
however i would just like to point out : http://www.ebuyer.com/product/123866

Old 10-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

thats what i got last time for this build: http://www.computerforums.org/showth...t=cheap+system

sold that one for 150 and now i plan to make a second, was just wondering if there were other manufacturers that i could use or look at.

that asus is good for the price but i am on a really really tight budget and that with postage would push it straight over. the object of this biuld is make a fairly decent system that will be used for office work, web browsing and even games such as COD if they choose but for the cheapest price that i can get it for.
Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #4
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
thats what i got last time for this build: http://www.computerforums.org/showth...t=cheap+system

sold that one for 150 and now i plan to make a second, was just wondering if there were other manufacturers that i could use or look at.

that asus is good for the price but i am on a really really tight budget and that with postage would push it straight over. the object of this biuld is make a fairly decent system that will be used for office work, web browsing and even games such as COD if they choose but for the cheapest price that i can get it for.
well with supersaver delivery i just checked and its only 31.94 which is only a few quid over budget , and it would mean you could give the buyer when you sell it the box and instructiosn etc for the mobo as that is something some ppl want

but also look at foxconn they make perfectly ok motherboards and i have had no problems with mine at all
msi are another one that creep into mind , i wouldnt get an ecs tho cos i had one a while back socket A and it was horrible , crap layout and unstable
Old 10-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

Jetway is a cheap brand, im pretty sure there fairly good quality too, havent seen too many very bad reviews on them
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:09 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

I have 2 ASRocks. Haven't had any problems with either. I would recommend them. I think I heard that ASRock is made by ASUS, but I may be wrong.

Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote