cheap(er) computer

That is correct. However if whatever you do does not work and prime 95 fails, you will just need to make some changes.

63083 is right, when you get to the point that vcore doesnt help. Another things need to be changed. E.g: NB voltage, CPU/NB voltage, VDDA voltage.

ok, i was looking at this other thing.... whats the HT Link???

and thanks for all of your help... i probably wont be OCing for awhile....

The HT LINK is how an AMD CPU communicates with the memory and other parts on the motherboard (Hard Drive, Video Card etc.).

well.... that is a bit more complicated then u hinted at man lol

But when vcore doesnt help that usually means theres only about 50-100mhz left in the processor (if your lucky, which really isnt worth to try and get anyway, thats why i didnt mention it)

Im at 3300mhz on my kuma and all i did was raise my multi to 16.5x and my vcore to 1.55 and i've ran prime95 for over 9 hours and no error. i could get 3350mhz if i messed with my motherboard voltages but its not really worth it you know?

The HT LINK is how an AMD CPU communicates with the memory and other parts on the motherboard (Hard Drive, Video Card etc.).

But when vcore doesnt help that usually means theres only about 50-100mhz left in the processor, which really isnt worth to try and get anyway, thats why i didnt mention it

oh ok... that second part still makes no sense to me lol

i just am still afraid of screwing something up...

what precautionary things should i get.... (ie, static bands, static mat, etc)
also, where should i build it on (counter, table, etc)
and also, how is thermal paste best applied... ive seen it like a million different ways

static is just a myth man, nothing will happen. But just to be sure, touch the metal part of your case once in awhile, when you are putting parts in.

Make sure you have alot of room

You wont need to apply thermal paste, the heatsink that comes with the processor will come with it pre-applied. alot of people here on this forum will tell you that if you get aftermarket thermal paste your cpu will run cooler. Thats generally not true, if it is, its only by 3 degress celsius.

static is just a myth man, nothing will happen. But just to be sure, touch the metal part of your case once in awhile, when you are putting parts in.

Make sure you have alot of room

You wont need to apply thermal paste, the heatsink that comes with the processor will come with it pre-applied, alot of people here will tell you that if you get aftermarket thermal paste your cpu will run cooler. Thats generally not true, if it is, its only by 3 degress celsius.

i was looking at this other build video, and he plugged in the PSU into a grounded outlet to ground his case... would that be a good precautionary thing to do?

oh, and if im overclocking... should i get an aftermarket cooler?

oh ok... that second part still makes no sense to me lol

i just am still afraid of screwing something up...

what precautionary things should i get.... (ie, static bands, static mat, etc)
also, where should i build it on (counter, table, etc)
and also, how is thermal paste best applied... ive seen it like a million different ways

You won't screw anything up. The CPU has built in safety shutoff function.

Precautions- keep your arm touching the side of the case
Building- on the counter or a table is fine. Whichever is cleaner
Thermal Paste- the Kuma already comes with some.

Static is not a myth. I touched my motherboard while it was starting up because i was making sure the one fan was plugged into the mobo and all you hear is a ZZT and my computer shuts down and wrong go on for 5 mins

You won't screw anything up. The CPU has built in safety shutoff function.

Precautions- keep your arm touching the side of the case
Building- on the counter or a table is fine. Whichever is cleaner
Thermal Paste- the Kuma already comes with some.

what do u mean by keep my arm touching the side of the case? like... for the entire build????

i was looking at this other build video, and he plugged in the PSU into a grounded outlet to ground his case... would that be a good precautionary thing to do?

oh, and if im overclocking... should i get an aftermarket cooler?

Yes

Yes

i recommend the xigmatek dark knight or the sunbeam core contact freezer

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233029

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835207004

you will also need some thermal paste. The sunbeam comes with some

i recommend either TX-2 or MX-2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186020-out of stock for now

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835154003

Back
Top Bottom