cheap(er) computer

What's your budget? What size monitor do you play on?

budget.. i would like to keep <450ish.... its at like 359 right now with the 9600..... monitor is a 22" flat panel lcd tv

also... should i just screw it and go all out and get the good stuff like in my other build.... or since i have never build, is this a good idea? im scared of screwing something up and losing a shitload of money.... ive had bad luck with drivers in the past... they freak me out lol

What games do you play? What kind and size monitor do you have?

games.... guild wars, battlefield, empire:total war, the witcher... probably not crysis...

You'll be fine. Spend some extra money for good, quality parts. Setting up a $400 system is no different from a $1000 system.

Yup, an 8800GT easily beats a 9600GT. The 9600 isn't a bad card, but more of an entry to mid level card. The 8800GT has been since been "rebadged" as a 9800GT and they are still very capable gaming cards. Unfortunately, they cost a bit more. This is about the lowest priced one you can get, while still maintaining the quality: ZOTAC ZT-98GES4P-FDL GeForce 9800 GT - $94.99 ($74.99 after $20.00 Mail-In Rebate)

Yup, an 8800GT easily beats a 9600GT. The 9600 isn't a bad card, but more of an entry to mid level card. The 8800GT has been since been "rebadged" as a 9800GT and they are still very capable gaming cards. Unfortunately, they cost a bit more. This is about the lowest priced one you can get, while still maintaining the quality: ZOTAC ZT-98GES4P-FDL GeForce 9800 GT - $94.99 ($74.99 after $20.00 Mail-In Rebate)

great suggestion... that will probably work =]
is zotac a reliable brand?

Dont get a 9600gt toxicity, youll be so f*ckin dissapointed. Dont make the same mistake i did...

But yeah Zotac is a very reliable brand, and usually the brand doesnt really matter when it comes to video cards

Zotac is fairly new to the video card scene, but I hear they make a quality product.

If you're interested in a better motherboard, this would be a nice choice: GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3 - $69.99 ($59.99 after $10.00 Mail-In Rebate)

Zotac is fairly new to the video card scene, but I hear they make a quality product.

If you're interested in a better motherboard, this would be a nice choice: GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3 - $69.99 ($59.99 after $10.00 Mail-In Rebate)

wow, thanks so much for your guys fast help =]

on the video card though, it says its compatible with xp/vista... will this be a problem since ill prolly be running 7?

ok... so do i have a resonable reason to be afraid? or should i not?

Back
Top Bottom