Chassis Intrusion Error!

Impruv

In Runtime
Well I've gotten this lots of times before when I dig around the inside of my case be it for cable managing or just cleaning out the dust. Usually a simple reset will work.

But I was wondering how I could clear it because it simply won't work. I don't believe I can get into the bios, and was wondering what I could do to fix this?
I've heard if I remove the battery it will clear the memory. Will this affect anything afterwards?

As well, this time I did try to plug a IDE harddrive in, but have since removed it.

Any thoughts?

Why wouldn't you be able to get in the bios... because there is usually a reset in there or you can turn it off completely

Well I've gotten this lots of times before when I dig around the inside of my case be it for cable managing or just cleaning out the dust. Usually a simple reset will work.

But I was wondering how I could clear it because it simply won't work. I don't believe I can get into the bios, and was wondering what I could do to fix this?
I've heard if I remove the battery it will clear the memory. Will this affect anything afterwards?

As well, this time I did try to plug a IDE harddrive in, but have since removed it.

Any thoughts?

The P5Q has a jumper that you can use to reset the BIOS, including the BIOS password...

Once this is done, see if you can disable chassis intrusion in the BIOS.

If not, the Chassis Intrusion is a little switch that the cover engages when closed, use a "zip tie, tape ect.. and keep the switch closed permanently.

So what is this 'jumper' you guys are talking about? Is it this 2 pin plastic thing that covers 2 of the 3 pins labelled Chassis Intrusion on the motherboard? Because it's still on there?

So will reseting the bios change anything in my computer... or everything will be the same?

So what is this 'jumper' you guys are talking about? Is it this 2 pin plastic thing that covers 2 of the 3 pins labelled Chassis Intrusion on the motherboard? Because it's still on there?

So will reseting the bios change anything in my computer... or everything will be the same?

Here is the manual.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5Q-E

You may be able to disable Chassis intrusion via jumper, read through the manual to find out the correct position for the jumper to do this.

There will be another jumper to reset your BIOS - so you can get in.
This will be documented in the manual as well.

And yes once you clear your BIOS all your settings will be the factory defaults....

Thanks

I had problems on my ASUS with this. This is what I did to fix it:

1) Remove battery
2) Set jumpers so the chassis intrusion is never used
3) Re-install battery
4) Reset the BIOS

Sometimes I would have to re-do all these steps several times. IMHO the chassis intrusion feature is horrible and nothing but problems.

So removing the battery to reset bios won't affect anything when i log into my OS right?

Just remember to change the time in the BIOS back to normal, and you will have to do the same in your OS too. Other than that, nothing else will happen.

If you have custom settings in your BIOS and you can get into it, be sure to write them down though.

Back
Top Bottom