Chassis/Cpu fan connectors

akira282

In Runtime
Hey, just one more question lol for tonight. I'm just reading over the mobo manual and I wanted to know do any of the chassis fans actually connect to the mobo other than the cpu fan which I want regulated by the mobo? I was under the impression that I just needed to connect all the chassis fans to the psu, which I can control with the provided fan controls. However, after reading the manual I'm just a bit confused as to whether it connects to the mobo or to the psu. Finally, the chassis fan connectors since they are molex cables I don't believe can connect directly to the mobo anyway so any help would be great.

Appreciating your comments as always.

~Kyle

there are some connections. I have one near my rear exhaust fan and one odly placed oner where my graphics card is placed about 1 inch to the left

well, none of my chassis fans will connect to the mobo because they are molex cables.

yea these are the fans that i bought. My stock fans didn't have them

ShowImage.aspx

thats not the fan i have but i am talking about the white connector. That is what connects fans to mobo's

So, do I need to connect it to the mobo at all or can I just by pass it and connect it to the psu?

Otherwise, I'll just pick up some adapters I suppose.

you can plug them all into the powersupply. Thats why the PSU connects to the MOBO to power it and the other things it is connected to so the MOBO can reconize them

yea i said that pretty badly but do you know what i mean

Back
Top Bottom