Changing PC cases, need some advice

i took most of em out but i havent taken out my mobo power supply 24pin, if i pull harder will my mobo break or something bad?

oh thank god i did it, whoa though i would spontanisly conbust just cuz i dont want to be electricuted..

your motherboard definitely should not snap in half just because you tried to unplug the power supply. just jiggle it a bit and it should come out, if it doesn't i guess, since you're probably going to be using that psu since the thermaltake armor doesn't come with one, you could just put the mobo and psu at the same time.

Motherboards are really strong actually. I think you'd rip the cord before that board snapped, actually.

@ Zapdos ...... good luck mate but I fear you are going to run into trouble somewhere as you do not seem to have even the vaguest understanding of pc hardware, if you persist be prepared for equipment damage, is there no one you know who has more pc knowledge who can assist you in this? It could become costly and even result in an unusable pc.
If you look closely at most of the plugs that connect to the m/board they have a small retention clip that you sqeeze to release the lock holding them into the m/board socket.

basically. just read the manuals.. i built my first computer with just reading manuals from the box.. it's pretty ez. plug and play... lol

i have the motherboard out but someone mentions something about gold things? at the bottom of the mobo?

zapdos if u bought this case and not knowing anything much info on comps its going to be harder lke someone said before get someone you no who knows about comps to help you.
Risers are gold plated plugs, that go into the ATX holes on the inside of your case below the location the motherboard is installed. These keep the case and motherboard out of contact with each other. The top of the risers have holes for you to screw the motherboard in place. Oh, and make sure you change out the I/O Shield on the back of the case before you install the motherboard.

they don't have to be gold... look inside the box that came with the case, it should include screws that have holes at the top that can fit another screw in. those screws with screw holes at the top are called risers or 'gold things'. basically, since this is an atx case. attach risers onto the outermost screw holes in your thermaltake. there are ones in the center but those are only for microatx motherboards. align your motherboard and everything. and start putting in your parts, put back the psu connectors where they were in your old computer case and put the ram cpu gpu etc back on. the hard drive goes into the hard drive bay which should be on the lower portion of the computer, you'll need to attach the rails provided with the case and yeah.. same goes with the cd/dvd drives, unless you want to screw them into your computer.

mudda_fudda said:
zapdos if u bought this case and not knowing anything much info on comps its going to be harder lke someone said before get someone you no who knows about comps to help you.

or atleast screw around with an old pc. I figured most of it out by reading it up on the internet and using an expendable pc to experiment.

Back
Top Bottom