Changing I.P. numbers

His ISP is the one who changes it every 10 mins. For the rest, I dunno if it's right.

If I did this, I'd only be for extra protection, but with a good firewall, you shouldn't have an issue anyway.

Yes, if you wanted to change it every week or every 24 hours, that'd be fine, but every 10 minutes seems overkill, and does ask why you'd, or your friend would want that.

Honestly, tell your mate there is no point. Hes probably only slowing his connection down than protecting himself more.

Theres a setting you can do in MSDOS prompt that will refresh your IP, but not heard of a program that'll do it after a certain amount of time.

Its something like

Renew IP...

Kage said:
Theres a setting you can do in MSDOS prompt that will refresh your IP, but not heard of a program that'll do it after a certain amount of time.

Its something like

Renew IP...

I believe it is Release IP that you type in the MSDOS prompt.

ipconfig /release

Many of the numbers shown will change to a string of zeroes. Then type:

ipconfig /renew

Your IP address and other networking numbers should now be displayed. Your IP address has now been renewed. I do this a lot at work.

TRDCorolla said:
ipconfig /release

Many of the numbers shown will change to a string of zeroes. Then type:

ipconfig /renew

Your IP address and other networking numbers should now be displayed. Your IP address has now been renewed. I do this a lot at work.

This only renews your LAN ip address if you're behind a firewall.

"ipconfig /renew" in a command prompt i believe ;)

EDIT: nevermind i just did that and it didn't change anything it must be something different...

Back
Top Bottom