change screen or motherboard?

ediway

Beta member
hello,

i have a laptop dell insipiron 1764 (17.3 inch). i was carrying it (the power was on) and i dropped it. after the drop, it turned off.. i tryied to turn it on but now i have a black screen (not totally black, i see the light of the screen but nothing appear). i can hear the fan, i can hear the "music" of windows (which should be the log in page), but nothing on the screen.

any idea? is it because of my screen? or my mother board?

tks for any hint.

If you hear the sound of windows logging in or booting up then it's probably the screen. Do you have an monitor you can hook up to the external "projector" port of the laptop. (you'll have to hit FN & one of the F keys to get it to switch to the external display. See if that works and then you'll know for sure.

tks for the reply,

but i fixed it. i "opened" the screen to see if there where anything wrong, i touched a couple cable and when i turned my laptop on, it worked. i guess, there might have been because of a lose connection.

but now i have another problem, i have another laptop which now has about the same problem but worse. When i turn it on, it seems that it turns on (i can see the light on the screen) then it turn off and reboot itself. any suggestion? (i didn't drop it, I left it in my car at night and when i turned it on that's what it did. Not sure if it is because of the cold).

tks for any suggestion.

In my opinion...
Sounds like if it's rebooting, then Windows is probably corrupt. If that's the case, you will need to back up your data and reload Windows. If you aren't comfortable with this you might want to take it to a computer shop.

Back
Top Bottom