Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Beta Member

Question Change info dispalyed by Windows Explorer (Pictures)

How/where can I change my settings so that I see the file type instead of "Microsoft PicturIt! Document"?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Windows_Explorer_display_01.jpg (48.5 KB, 6 views)

amx1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Change info dispalyed by Windows Explorer (Pictures)

Hi amx1047

Try in menu bar (on both PCs) under view tab ... try large Icons

I think

Core i7 3770K, Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3, Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO, Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3, ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti, Corsair Series CX750w, Intel 320 Series SSD, WD Caviar Black 1TB, Pioneer BDR-207DBK 12x Blu Ray/DVD, Black Night Case, Saitek & Razer, Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64, ZA Antivirus + Firewall
*= WildCat =* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #3
Beta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *= WildCat =* View Post
Hi amx1047

Try in menu bar (on both PCs) under view tab ... try large Icons

I think
Thanks WildCat, but Large Icons is what I'm using.

Here's both graphics I made:
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p639/MyTruckalogue/Windows_Explorer_display_01_zps996feea5.png

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p639/MyTruckalogue/Windows_question_02_zpsb869dd1f.png
Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
Wizard of Wires

Picture it has taken over showing your pics. Obviously it hides the true file type.
Go in to picture it set up. Uncheck all the file types it associates with. Save and exit.
Reboot. See if that fixes it.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Or uninstall it....LOL. It looks like what seti said though.
If you double click the pic on the one that shows the type, what program opens it?
If you double click the pic on the one that shows PictureIt, what program opens it? (I'm going to assume this one will be the program PictureIt but just want to make sure)

If you right-click on the PC with PictureIt, choose Open With, choose the same program the other computer uses and check the box at the bottom that says make this default, does it work then?
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Beta Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
Picture it has taken over showing your pics. Obviously it hides the true file type.
Go in to picture it set up. Uncheck all the file types it associates with. Save and exit.
Reboot. See if that fixes it.
I can't get into setup without the installation disc. There's something, some setting somewhere, that I should be able to change.....

thanks anyway - I appreciate your time

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacavali View Post
Or uninstall it....LOL. It looks like what seti said though.
If you double click the pic on the one that shows the type, what program opens it?
If you double click the pic on the one that shows PictureIt, what program opens it? (I'm going to assume this one will be the program PictureIt but just want to make sure)

If you right-click on the PC with PictureIt, choose Open With, choose the same program the other computer uses and check the box at the bottom that says make this default, does it work then?
pictures on both computers are set to open with PictureIt! (exclaimation is part of the name of the program).

This is driving me crazy! I might have to uninstall/reinstall....
Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
Wizard of Wires

According to M$, it's obsolete and discontinued. If you can find it, take note that it's incompatiable with win7.
What operating system are you using? Do you have admin access?
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #8
Fully Optimized

Right click any picture. Click Properties. In the General tab you will see Opens with: (and it should say PictureIt! behind that). Click Change... Click Windows Photo Viewer and click OK. That's what I can think of that will fix it. That will change the program to open it for any file of the same type. Then just uninstall PictureIt if you don't want it.

Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #9
In Runtime

wow i have not seen or used picture it for years you must have also microsoft money as well it is very old can run in windows 7 by changing the compatbilty settings on setup to run with window vista sp2 I have the same cd it was quit a fun package and was good it its days I came with windows xp home and xp pro CD'S and they where the extras. I have an image of this disc as an iso that I did when I backed up all my software cd's me being mad on backups I did so create a backup of this disc and still have that backup today if you would like a copy of this file I can arrange it but it will take forever to download as it is 4.6 Gig let us know and I will give you the download link I will store it on a cloud and you can drag the image off the server this is only the software you would need you lisenece key that can be obtained by your computer that has this on it I think they where free bs anyway so i may not even ask you for the key it only asks for it when installing windows msword.

Kind Regards

Fujitsu_Technician is offline   Reply With Quote