Change The Core Slowdown Threshold

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.

I was wondering how to change the core slowdown threshold for an NVIDIA card. I know you can change it, but how? I tried to highlight it in the NVIDIA Settings thing (right-click on desktop, select NVIDIA display, then your monitor, then temperature settings) and change it, but it won't work. How do you change this thing? And what exactly does it do? I'm guessing that it just alerts you when the temperature gets too hot on the video card and then slows down the speeds of it, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

-Jamxx

As of now, it is not possible to change that from the display properties. I'm sure you can hack into it and alter is somehow. Maybe a registry edit?

Well, I got a new BIOS and updated my Gigabyte VGA Tuner Utility that sits in the icon system tray, and now when I go to those NVIDIA properties, there is no temperature monitor... What up with that?

I don't think you can change the threshold...I can't either. But, don't worry nVIDIA GPUs are designed to run hot. :)

Well, I rolled back to my 66.93 drivers, and it still doesn't have the temperature monitor! This is irritating... Because I still want to know what it is running at.

Back
Top Bottom