change the bitrate of all my mp3s in one click

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
how can I change the bitrate of all my mp3s with 1 program? I don't want to have to individually load them, especially since I have 1,800+ songs (which should be 6 gigs at 96, which I think is the smallest I can go without a loss of quality (becuase I cannot tell any difference above that) and they are currently 8gigs. what would the best program be?

dont go anything below 96, the quality will be terrible, if you had a good sound card you would be able to tell the differences between bit rates. the lowest i ever go is 128. it would be more worthwhile to buy a new HD to fit all of the mp3's.

how can I change the bitrate of all my mp3s with 1 program? I don't want to have to individually load them, especially since I have 1,800+ songs (which should be 6 gigs at 96, which I think is the smallest I can go without a loss of quality (becuase I cannot tell any difference above that) and they are currently 8gigs. what would the best program be?

I would never use 96 bitrate. I have a trash can for a sound card and I can tell the difference from 128 from 96. I recommend using VBR (variable bitrate) option if you got it. The mp3s sound WAY better, at the cost of being a bit larger in file size, but as Rudster said, you will be better off getting a bigger hdd and using a better bitrate. However, if you don't want to go that route, I suggest using 128bitrate, best (size to quality) ratio.

Back
Top Bottom