A+ certs and other entry level stuff...

matthewtodd

Beta member
An odd way to start a thread, but I am on my way to rehab for a month or so...I figured while I'm there I may as well dust my A+ book off and finally get certified. I do not have much hands on exp. besides building PC's for myself and friends for a few years. My main question is besides A+, what else can I do (being fairly intelligent..while sober..) in about 30 days to jump start a new career in the IT field. Obviously I will start at the bottom of the totem pole, but I currently work for a commercial moving company and taking off the steel toes and putting on a tie would be a nice enough change.

I know this is the very beginning of a lot of hard work to where I would like to be education and salary wise, but quitting drugs and alcohol should give me some free time =)

Any advice is appreciated !!

Depending on the age of your A+ book, you may need to get a new one. The test changed a bit back in '06 so if your book is from before don't bother with it.

Depending on how much you like networking, I'd also look into that. Network + is a good ground for any kind of communications work.

Back
Top Bottom