Cell Phone as House Phone?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Not exactly computer related, but you guys are so good at this stuff :D

My parents want to use a cell phone as our house phone because it's a LOT cheaper, and I really support this idea. They are just reluctant to do so for a few reasons:

1. Are there cell phones that come with docking stations or anything for charging?
2. Can multiple cell phones all use one line? We need 3
3. Are there cell phones out there with standard phone voice messages and everything?

Thanks! Basically, I'm looking for a company that offers cell phones in the form of regular house phones.

:)

My Youth Pastor at church uses cell phones as his primary means of communication. They don't have a "home phone," so to speak. They use they're cell phones as their main phones. Although, no direct phone line = no DSL. So you would have to get cable internet, but even then, in the long run you save more money, plus, it's faster internet! :D

TRDCorolla said:
They say cell phone communication isn't as secure as landline phones.
ya thats prolly true, but im not a terrorist, so i dont really care if ppl hear my convo's.

That's what the people at the Registrar's Office told me when I told them how to register for classes awhile back. They told me that I should use a house phone and not a cell phone because of identity theft or something like that. It can be easily intercepted. With house phones, it's harder because you actually have to have a physical tap.

I'm just telling it as it is. It even states that in the university schedule of classes. It's kind of like ordering online without SSL encryption. Half the time, nothing will happen but if those hackers are out there monitoring what's going on, I'm sure they'll take advantage of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom