Celeron D processors...not that bad...

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
I'm a die hard AMD fan and have never liked the Celeron series since it first came out. All AMD processors have always killed them, etc etc... Though, this new Celeron D series doesn't seem that bad O.O I did a quick look around the net, and it seems they beat the Sempron and some XPs! Though I have no plans on building a budget system, they might be a processor to look into...

Lol; sounds good :D I like Intel and even I don't like the Celerons.

Maybe the new Celeron Ds are going to be of a little better quality? I'll have to have a look out if I ever make a budget system for somebody.

Well it looks like from wjhat I know and from what The Other One said you should od it if that's what you're after :D

And Intel are great anyway... so :p

Check the other thread and the benchmarks I posted about the Celeron D versus Sempron. The Sempron beats the Celeron D in about 95% of the tests by 20% or more at times. Tomshardware links I believe...

It seems I can't find the thread where I posted the link before.. but the Sempron beats the Celeron D and here is the evidence:

http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/20040728/sempron-13.html

Let's look at the thermal specification of both rivals first: The maximum thermal loss of the 2.0 GHz Sempron (2800+) is 68.3 W, while the Celeron D is specified at 73 W and thus less efficient in terms of power/performance.

After a short look at our benchmark results the conclusion is clear: AMD's Sempron is able to outperform Celeron D in most applications. In addition, motherboards based on the nForce2 IGP chipset offer more graphics performance than Intel's 865G platform at a similar and sometimes lower price - even though we're talking about a pathetic level of 3D experience here.

But that is not the reason why value systems are bought. Price is what counts and this is why AMD is making extensive use of its proven technology. In order to grow its business, AMD needs to continually draw maximum value out of its existing products and to transfer that value to its customers. This is what AMD accomplished with the Sempron, by combining existing AthlonXP and Athlon64 features to fulfill a specific market sector demand, which in this case is the value processor market.

Well shut me up ;P I swear the site I was at, the Celeron was tipically higher. I'll try and find it again...

Back
Top Bottom