Cdrom

lalalandrus

Beta member
I have been told that you can use a normal CDROM drive and with special software, you can make it read DVDROMS. I have seen the program however, i forgot it's name. Does anyone know about this?

lalalandrus said:
I have been told that you can use a normal CDROM drive and with special software, you can make it read DVDROMS. I have seen the program however, i forgot it's name. Does anyone know about this?
No
and i doubt it,reading a dvd disk is a hardware device not a software device,
a dvd disk is a whole new story.
A dvd drive will be more usefull.

:)

Cds Don't spin quick enough for a DVD to be read in it and they have diffrent lense. So i dougt it very much.

DVD Lasers are also far superior to CD Lasers; as Geforceboy said they spin faster, and get much hotter. A DVD won't be recognised in a CD Drive because of these things.

lalalandrus said:
It might read them.but will it play them ?
:eek:

I would not recommend it - may destroy the CD Drive or worse the DVD. Just get a bloody DVD Drive. Its what? £20? And you will need one in the future anyway.

Back
Top Bottom