Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-27-2005, 06:12 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default CD Writing Problem

I have a slightly odd problem with burning CDs at the moment. I have the latest version of Nero and an Artec 52c32x52 CD Writer.

Any CDs that I make take ages to be picked up by my Sony stereo. They work in other things like my discman for example so I thought that maybe that was the problem. However, for a long time if I tried to burn my CDs at at 48x I would get a write error right at the end of burning the CD. Since I got some new RAM though this has stopped happening. But out of interest I put one of the failed CDs into my stereo and it picked it up straight away, and with CD Text.

Now is this a problem with my CD Writer or Nero? I tried another program, a trial version of DB Power AMP CD Writer. The CDs made by that played straight away, but with no CD Text and with the annoying 2 second gap (because the program doesn't support CD text or gapless recording - it records in Track At Once mode). Are there any other free CD Writing programs that support CD Text and Disc At Once mode? I tried EAC but it doesn't recognise any of my MP3s despite spending ages to configure it.

Also, Nero lists four different strategies (Tempfile, Reference, Diskspace(default) and device dependant) for recording a CD but it doesn't really explain what they mean and what difference they make. Could that be my problem?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

teamcooperuk is offline   Reply With Quote