Cd Printers

MidwestComputer

In Runtime
hi guys
I need your help on deciding on cd printers for my business and I need to know which printer is better to use. Ink Jet or Thermal Printer.

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
If you need permanent paper files then an ink jet would be your best bet. Thermal printing lastest only about 45 days before it dies. Although there are some carbonless copy thermal paper that lasts a little longer it still has a shelf life that is no where satisfactory....the first time you need a hard copy of something it would have detereated to an unreadable condition. But thermal is a third less to operate than ink jet.
You have to make that determination as to the actual need of a hard copy print out and how long is it neccessary for you to keep the files.

What do you mean by CD printers? You mean printers for CD labels?

You can get label kits for pretty cheap prices...or if you want it to look more professional, you can try to get a HP LightScribe drive. What it does is burn a label similar to music CD labels into the CD, very much like how CD burner burns the music or data files into the CD.

Nope. Normal CD-R works. I'm not sure if HP sells the LightScribe as a separate drive...I know it's with some of their multimedia PC's.

Back
Top Bottom