cd drive questions

killzoneman0

In Runtime
if i were to play a high end game such as half-life 2 or doom 3, would i a cd drive from an old windows 98 computer work, or would i have to get a faster speed of cd drive?

Even if it's a slower CD drive, it will still work. It'll just take longer to install all the files from the CD - it shouldn't affect game performace at all.

Indeed, the speeds only usually apply to read times, like when your installing and such, and if your writing a cd also.

Hl2 doesn't play off a disc. if it's a low speed drive it will just take forever to install.

No. It will take longer, but not forever

All depends on the comp specs (CPU, Memory, etc)

How about 5 times? Yes, your old CD-ROM will work in your new computer. To make sure, double check the system requirements of the game (usually they say how fast CD-ROM to use), just in case if the game runs off of the CD.

spank_fusion said:
I'm glad the same answer was given four times. I don't think he got it with the first one.....

we all added in alittle something else too, and i have seen post where you do the same thing.

Dishdog said:
we all added in alittle something else too, and i have seen post where you do the same thing.

No, nothing was added. It was the same answer worded differently. I'm not yelling at you or anything, I just thought it was pretty redundant. As for me doing it, I don't answer a question that has already been answered by somebody else (unless the answer is wrong or incomplete, of course).

Back
Top Bottom