CD drive problem

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, today, I went to play watch a movie on my computer. I popped the dvd in, and waited a second for the autorun to go, nothing, so I went into my computer, and find that my dvd drive isnt even there! So I checked the chords connecting it first, and they were fine as I thought. Than I deleted the lower filters, as suggested by raffaz sometime ago when I had a similar problem. When I restarted the filters didnt reinstall themselves like they did the last time I had this problem, and my drive still wasnt being sensed, so I restarted and went into my bios, and it wasnt in there either, like it wasnt plugged into my computer. I have 2 drives, but only one was being sensed, so I messed with the plugs, I made only the working one plugged in, and it was fine, than I made it only the other drive, and it worked fine, but when both were plugged in it wouldnt work. So I changed a setting in the bios and it sensed the drive and it works fine as far as I know, but when I boot up I get an error saying it is incompatible, but it works. I also reinstalled my motherboard driver software. Any idea what might be wrong?

Also one small thing, winamp wont show any of my "local media" the media library thingy goes blank when it is selected. Any ideas for that?

What if I reset the CMOS, maybe I will do that, than reoverclock my stuff, lol. I will do all that tomorrow.

There are many possibilities of what could be wrong given the information. Do you hear the drive on? It is a possibility it is dead. It is also a posibility that a component inside is damaged.

No, it works fine when windows boots up, I watched I robot on it today, but before windows boots, I get an error message saying its incompatible.

Back
Top Bottom