CD drive..broken?

kchi55

Fully Optimized
I think I have a faulty cd-drive. every other time i put a cd in the drive, my computer freezes, once i reboot though, the cd works fine. this is definitely not normal. i've tried reinstalling it, taking the drive out of the computer and putting it back in, nothing has changed it... has anyone every had this happen to them? does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks.

What CD is it? Is it a program, music, other? DVD or CD? It could be the cd rom, but it sounds more like a software issue. I have put a cd/dvd into my drive, and the computer won't respond for a minute or two, but nothing major. You're not getting any error messages?

Try uninstalling it from the device manager. Do you have 2 drives? if so try disconnecting the other one and just use one of them and see what happens. Sometimes the takiing the other drive out works. My friend had a problem some what similar to this and he took out the other drive and it worked. So just give it a shot..

this happens to all my cds. games, videos, music. it's just a cd-rw. does not support dvds. i'm not getting any error messages, my computer just all of a sudden freezes, nothing moves, not even my cursor. it's really a hassel to have to restart my computer everytime i put a cd in it. i may test out some other cd drives i have lying around and see if they have the same problems.

That's a really strange error. I would try Dev0115's suggestion. Did you upgrade the driver recently by chance? If that's the case try the rollback feature for the driver.

Back
Top Bottom